Thursday 7 March 2013

I think I'm 'Turning Japanese'...

A few months ago I decided to take a chance and made a submission to Nightwalk Events for their SS2013 Fashion Show. I know they get a lot of submissions from designers and I wasn't confident that my designs would spark their interest, but I was pleasantly surprised when I got an email through to tell me I had been selected as one of the 16 designers who would showcase a collection on the 30th April this year at The Arches in Glasgow! Actually... that's a bit of an understatement... I was 'over the moon' to be selected!!!

Nightwalk Events Facebook


I'd had an idea for a collection I wanted to put together inspired by my love of Japanese style and culture... so I decided to make this my Spring/Summer Collection... and called it 'Turning Japanese'. As with everything I create the pieces will have a vintage feel to them and will feature everything from Cherry Blossoms to Sushi, from Kanzanshi Hair Ornaments to the Japanese Flag. 


To create my collection I'm looking to raise £1000. This money will not only help me to purchase the materials I need to make my 8 piece collection. It will also help my to put together and style 8 complete outfits for my models and go towards publicity for the 'Turning Japanese' collection.

I'm offering some fantastic perks for your contributions  Contributions to my campaign start at just £1. Everyone who gives just £5 or more will be entered into a prize draw to win a one-of-a-kind fascinator from Off With Her Head Millinery. From £10 upwards I have goodie bags up for grabs that will include hair clips, hair flowers, and signed limited edition prints of the complete collection depending on your contribution. I also have 2 pairs of tickets for the event in Glasgow on the 30th April for those who fancy being extremely generous!

Turning Japanese Indiegogo Campaign

And even if you can't contribute financially to my campaign you can help by getting the word around about my campaign and my little business! Share with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, mention me on you Blog! I'm extremely grateful for all your help and support!


Lisa Jones 
Off With Her Head Millinery 
www.offwithherheadmillinery.co.uk 
www.facebook.com/OffWithHerHeadMillinery 
www.twitter.com/CroquetandRoses 
www.croquetandroses.blogspot.co.uk

No comments:

Pages